INTRODUCTION: Gombe has a population of 2.6 million people, and it is located in the North Eastern part of Nigeria. The state has HIV prevalence of 4.2 %. CIHP commenced support to the state in 2007 and currently covers 8 out of 11 LGAs of the state.
Comprehensive HIV/AIDS services are provided through 5 comprehensive sites and 17 PMTCT/HIV Counseling and Testing/Tuberculosis-Directly Observed Therapy sites. CIHP also partners with community based organizations to provide HIV/AIDS support services at the community level. These CBOs include;
- Gamuna Community based organisation
- Knightingale Women Health Organization
- Centre for Community Health and Development(CHAD)
- Gombe Anglican Diocesan Development Services (GADDS)
A management non-governmental organisation, Care for Life (CFL) based in Gombe is engaged by CIHP to supervise and mentor the CBOs. Some of the Comprehensive health facility sites in the state include:
1.Gombe State Specialist Hospital, Gombe
2.General Hospital , Kaltungo
3.General Hospital, Bajoga
4.Ashaka Cement Clinic, Ashaka
5.General Hospital, Zambuk
- About 91,000 people have benefitted from the HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT)
services in the state, including children and infants.
- Over 10,592 persons are receiving high quality; family focused comprehensive HIV care
- 4,800 clients are on treatment in 5 supported secondary health facilities and 16 primary health care centers across the state.
- More than 69,187 pregnant women have benefited from the ongoing PMTCT (prevention of mother to child transmission) services in the state.
Center for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP)
Opposite Nana Aisha Memorial Primary School,
David Mark Road, Federal Lowcost Gombe.
State Program Manager
Tel No: 08099675793