Global Fund Consolidated Grant Round 9 Phase 2
CIHP is implementing a two and a half year comprehensive HIV care and treatment program on the Global Fund Consolidated Round 9 Phase 2 grant. The organisation is as a sub-recipient to the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) which is the Principal Recipient on the grant.
This grant is being implemented in four states-Benue, Gombe, Kaduna and Kogi and runs from January 2013- June 2015.
The aim is to Scale-Up Gender Sensitive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support Intervention for Adults and Children in Nigeria and strengthening basic health service systems to scale -up AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (ATM) interventions in Nigeria.
The objectives of the project include:
- Scaling up gender sensitive HIV prevention services among children and adults in Nigeria;
- Scaling up chronic HIV/AIDS treatment among adults and children in Nigeria;
- Scaling-up gender sensitive care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs) and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC).
- Creating a supportive environment for delivery of comprehensive gender sensitive HIV/AIDS services; and
- Enhancing the management and coordination of HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
The project areas include the following:
- HIV Counseling & Testing
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
- Antiretroviral Treatment and Monitoring
- Prophylaxis and Treatment of Opportunistic Infection
- Early Infant Diagnosis
- Tuberculosis/HIV Collaborative Activities
- Sexual and Reproductive Health/HIV integration